Carolina Counseling Services - Identifying the 4 things Keeping You from Getting the Help You Need
How Do I Set Up my FIRST Appointment?
- Call: (910) 485-6336 (Fastest way to schedule)
- Text: (910) 308-3291 (Reply will be via phone)
- Email: Click to send email (You must include your phone number, because replies will only be made by telephone to ensure security/privacy)
- Call or Text for your New Patient Appointment Anytime!
- Appointment scheduling for NEW clients: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:15pm
- New client appts may be scheduled when therapists have openings, which may include daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Established/Standing Appointments are made directly with your therapist!
- Some Therapists schedule appointments Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Saturdays (if requested)
- Referrals: MOST beneficiaries do NOT need a Referral!
Identifying the 4 things Keeping You from Getting the Help You Need
Many people are uncertain if they should seek help for the symptoms that negatively impact their social life, relationship, and career. Like them, you may be experiencing some life issues or undergoing emotional crisis that makes you depressed or anxious. Are these limiting your ability to enjoy a satisfying and productive life?
There’s no need to suffer much longer. Consider going to counseling to ultimately feel and function better. Like many people, you may have some reservations in getting professional help to address the debilitating problem. Much of the resistance is based on misinformation and misunderstanding. All these need to be cleared so you can have the courage and wisdom to seek even basic counseling. Whatever it takes to obtain help, do not let these four things to get in the way.
- Apprehension: It is understandable to feel apprehensive when considering counseling. Many painful experiences like death and divorce you may be afraid that are to be relived all over again. Just the thought of opening up the entrance to your emotional wound might be painful and discovering how deep it is might feel scary.
- Denial: It’s normal for humans to act out resiliency in order to protect oneself. To some extent, this hardy stance is admirable. But, mourning is also important for you to come to terms with an overwhelming issue. Struggling with an external appearance that looks fine to others is not commendable, it is pretentious and foolhardy, because damage is being done on the inside. Most of the time, what’s bothering you inside is reflected outward in some other unhealthy ways. (Just because you may be refusing to see it, doesn’t mean others haven’t already observed it or lived with it.)
- Cost: If you have a limited income, seeking treatment may become the last priority because rent, food and clothing come first. The good news is that most insurances cover counseling. This website will be able to help you figure that out. If you still don’t know, call your insurance company and see if they cover counseling. Then hunt for the best counselor who can help put your life back on course. Choosing the right counselor is the best way to spend your money wisely. Being more functional allows you to increase your income in the long term.
- Social Stigma: Society used to have negative impression about people who seek counseling. The desire to seek out therapy can be overshadowed by your thoughts and fears of discrimination, unfair judgment and ridicule in the community, at work and school. The society is also learning much; that counseling is meant for people who want their life to be better. Keep in mind that counseling is a confidential and private session between client and counselor so all your personal information is protected and respected.
- Remember you don’t have to tell anyone else you are going to counseling. However, most of your friends and family have probably been to a counselor at one time in their life and found it helpful. We believe you will too!
Breaking the Barriers
Whether what’s disturbing you is major or minor, the support and care of family and friends are invaluable help. But, the best help you can receive would come from a therapist or counselor who can provide unbiased perspective and expert guidance. You cannot be an eternal prisoner of things stopping you from getting help. Therapy is different from what family and friends can provide. It takes a professional to root out the underlying and outlying causes of your difficulties, give you the correct diagnosis and help you in making positive transformations in your life.
Help to Achieve a Better Tomorrow
Today, people look up to counseling to seek help even for everyday worries, issues and concerns. Whether it’s you or a loved one is involved, the contracted counselors at Carolina Counseling Services have the expertise to help in managing the challenges of the current situation. Carolina Counseling Services will work with you or the member of your family in regaining a healthier, happier life no matter how large or insurmountable the barriers are. If we can’t help you, we will refer you to someone who can! Call now to request an appointment.
We can help!
Call now and make an appointment!
Confidential / Private Sessions
Carolina Counseling Services contracts independently with Licensed professional counselors/therapists/psychologists who provide a friendly, relaxed atmosphere to everyone. Carolina Counseling Services independently contracted therapists assist individuals, couples, families, and children with counseling services that will help put your life back on track. Working with both non military and military is a joy and the therapist you choose will be happy to assist you whether you are a "civilian", or if you are a dependent or retiree.
Counseling and Therapy are often used interchangeably in our English language. The same is true for Counselor and Therapist. It really doesn't matter which word you use. When you need help, it is best to talk to someone who is not only objective, but who has had lots of experience helping others who have been in similar situations as yourself. A friendly Counselor or Therapist who is trained, licensed and experienced is the one who can assist the most. You don't have to figure it out alone. All independently contracted therapists are licensed, friendly professionals. Call to schedule your appt now!
If we can't help you, we will be happy to refer you to someone who can. We look forward to assisting you!!!.
Evening and Weekend Appts Available with specific therapists
Evening and Weekend appointments: We have therapists available for appointments from 8am to 8pm Monday through Friday. Some therapists have Saturday appointments available if requested.
Serving Areas: Carolina Counseling Services
Counties: Cumberland, Hoke, Bladen, Sampson, and Robeson Counties, NC
Areas: Fayetteville NC, Ft Bragg NC, Pope Field NC, Hope Mills NC, Raeford NC, Rockfish NC, Sliver City NC, Cedar Creek NC, Bowmore NC, Autryville NC, Parkton NC, Bunnlevel NC, Erwin NC, Dundarrach NC, Broadway NC, Pineview NC, Lumber Bridge, NC, Rex NC, Lemon Springs NC, Johnsonville NC, Eastover NC, Stedman NC and Wade, NC.
Military Community areas: Ardennes NC Bataan NC, Casablanca NC, Anzio Acre, NC, Corregidor NC, Bougainville NC, Hammond Hills NC, Nijimegen NC, Cherbourg NC, Normandy NC, Bastogne NC, Pope NC, Ste Mere Eglise NC,
Zip Codes: 28301, 28302, 28303, 28304, 28305, 28306, 28307, 28309, 28311, 28312, 28314