Carolina Counseling Services - Couples facing Anxiety, Fear, Phobias and OCD
How Do I Set Up my FIRST Appointment?
- Call: (910) 485-6336 (Fastest way to schedule)
- Text: (910) 308-3291 (Reply will be via phone)
- Email: Click to send email (You must include your phone number, because replies will only be made by telephone to ensure security/privacy)
- Call or Text for your New Patient Appointment Anytime!
- Appointment scheduling for NEW clients: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:15pm
- New client appts may be scheduled when therapists have openings, which may include daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Established/Standing Appointments are made directly with your therapist!
- Some Therapists schedule appointments Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Saturdays (if requested)
- Referrals: MOST beneficiaries do NOT need a Referral!
- 1310 Raeford Rd Suite 2 Fayetteville, NC 28305
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE FOR NEW CLIENT REGISTRATION:
For your first appt at the Raeford Rd location come to this address:
Facing Anxiety, Fear, Phobias and OCD as a Couple
Anxiety, fear, phobias, and OCD are obstacles that can paralyze couples as they go through life. Overcoming these obstacles is not easy, but couples can conquer them if they are determined to do so and are willing to seek professional help.
Recognizing Anxiety Issues
It is normal for people to experience anxiety when they are confronted with problems and stressful situations. However it is time to seek help if anxiety persists after challenges have been resolved and if this anxiety is so intense individuals are unable to function.
When one person in a relationship suffers from constant and overwhelming fear and worry, the other person commonly feels obliged to act as the proverbial pillar of strength. However, the issue is so close to home, sustaining this position is difficult. Couples need to acknowledge that outside help may be the way to go.
The Many Faces of Anxiety
It is important to recognize the signs that indicate the presence of anxiety, which comes in many forms.
- Panic attacks. Some people experience sudden and repeated episodes of anxiety that bring about palpitations, chest pain, sweating, and choking. These frequently mimic the signs of a heart attack.
- Social anxiety. Individuals who suffer from social anxiety are obsessively afraid they will be humiliated, criticized, or rejected by people when they attend social gatherings. Social anxiety can be a serious issue for couples when one is sociable and the other is terrified of socializing.
- Phobias. It is time to take a look at the whys and wherefores of extreme fear when this is triggered by specific objects or situations that bring no immediate danger with them. Common phobias include fear of heights, closed-in spaces, open spaces, insects, and drowning.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). OCD is a form of anxiety where individuals suffer from uncontrollable, anxiety-producing obsessions and compulsions. Some of the symptoms of OCD are hoarding, excessive washing, and illogical rituals such as tapping a door five times before entering a room. OCD can place great emotional and financial stress on relationships, and couples have been known to break up because of one partner’s OCD fueled behavior.
Facing Anxiety as a Couple
Anxiety can result from a host of causes, including traumatic experiences, underlying health conditions, chemical imbalance in the brain, or withdrawal from drugs or medication. The complex roots of anxiety make it important for couples to see anxiety as an issue that warrants skilled professional assistance. It is not a problem that couples are usually able to confront by themselves; such an approach will engender feelings of helplessness, resentment, guilt, and increased anxiety.
If you find yourself in this situation, waste no time and get in touch with Carolina Counseling Services. Give their skilled contracted counselors a chance to help you face anxiety as a couple so that you and your loved one can begin to face your lives without fear.
We can help!
Confidential / Private Sessions
Carolina Counseling Services contracts independently with Licensed professional counselors/therapists/psychologists who provide a friendly, relaxed atmosphere to everyone. Carolina Counseling Services independently contracted therapists assist individuals, couples, families, and children with counseling services that will help put your life back on track. Working with both non military and military is a joy and the therapist you choose will be happy to assist you whether you are a "civilian", or if you are a dependent or retiree.
Counseling and Therapy are often used interchangeably in our English language. The same is true for Counselor and Therapist. It really doesn't matter which word you use. When you need help, it is best to talk to someone who is not only objective, but who has had lots of experience helping others who have been in similar situations as yourself. A friendly Counselor or Therapist who is trained, licensed and experienced is the one who can assist the most. You don't have to figure it out alone. All independently contracted therapists are licensed, friendly professionals. Call to schedule your appt now!
Evening and Weekend Appts Available with specific therapists
Evening and Weekend appointments: We have independently contracted therapists available for appointments from 8am to 8pm Monday through Friday. Some therapists have Saturday appointments available if requested.
Serving Areas: Carolina Counseling Services
Counties: Cumberland, Hoke, Bladen, Sampson, and Robeson Counties, NC
Areas: Fayetteville NC, Ft Bragg NC, Pope Field NC, Hope Mills NC, Raeford NC, Rockfish NC, Silver City NC, Cedar Creek NC, Bowmore NC, Autryville NC, Parkton NC, Dundarrach NC, Broadway NC, Lumber Bridge NC, Rex NC, Eastover NC, Stedman NC
Military Community areas: Ardennes NC Bataan NC, Casablanca NC, Anzio Acre, NC, Corregidor NC, Bougainville NC, Hammond Hills NC, Nijimegen NC, Cherbourg NC, Normandy NC, Bastogne NC, Pope NC, Ste Mere Eglise NC,
Zip Codes: 28301, 28302, 28303, 28304, 28305, 28306, 28307, 28309, 28312, 28314