Carolina Counseling Services - Marriage Counseling/Couples Therapy
How Do I Set Up my FIRST Appointment?
- Call: (910) 485-6336 (Fastest way to schedule)
- Text: (910) 308-3291 (Reply will be via phone)
- Email: Click to send email (You must include your phone number, because replies will only be made by telephone to ensure security/privacy)
- Call or Text for your New Patient Appointment Anytime!
- Appointment scheduling for NEW clients: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:15pm
- New client appts may be scheduled when therapists have openings, which may include daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Established/Standing Appointments are made directly with your therapist!
- Some Therapists schedule appointments Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Saturdays (if requested)
- Referrals: MOST beneficiaries do NOT need a Referral!
- 1310 Raeford Rd Suite 2 Fayetteville, NC 28305
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE FOR NEW CLIENT REGISTRATION:
For your first appt at the Raeford Rd location come to this address:
Would you like to...
- Enjoy each day of your relationship?
- Have the fussing and fighting come to an end?
- Stop arguing about the same things over and over?
- Recover from your past wounds?
- Heal from infidelity/betrayals?
- Feel affection and love for your spouse again?
- Experience the feeling of being loved?
- Successfully parent together?
- Learn how to really hear each other?
- Ressolve ongoing and upcoming conflicts?
- Experience love, warmth and passion again?
If both of you want to restore the relationship, then couples counseling can work for you! Call NOW!
Strong relationships rely on communication, resolution of differences and enjoyment of each other's company! Both of you must resolve your differences in ways to strengthen and improve the intimacies (physical, emotional, mental and spirital) in your relationship.
Couples and marriage counseling helps all of the above! We show you how to communicate effectively despite the differences - so that conflicts can be resolved and everyday affection can be expressed.
The term "Marriage Counseling" and "Couples Counseling" are often used interchangeably.
Yes, Your Insurance DOES pay for "Marriage Counseling."
Most insurances say they will not pay for Marriage Counseling. However, they will pay for "Family Counseling." Family Counseling is when the identified client brings one or more family members to the session to work on issues that may cause the client to exhibit various symptoms such as anxiety, depression, lack of sleep, anger, irritability, inability to focus, etc. When a client brings their spouse to the session and issues are addressed and resolved, this is referred to by almost everyone as "Marriage Counseling."
5 Reasons to talk to a Counselor/Therapist instead of a friend or family member about problems in your marriage
There are those that think: "Why should I pay a therapist when I can just talk to my friends or family about my marital issues."
With that being said, below are the top 5 reasons that you should talk to a counselor or therapist instead of friends or family about problems in your marriage.
1. Therapists have specialized training.
By going to a therapist, you are going to someone who has special training in helping people with your exact problem, so rather than covering up the issue, you will be able to attack it straight on. therapist sessions will also equip you with the tools required to resolve the issue or to be more aware of options you have in the future.
2. Therapists become long-term recover partners.
This builds on the last point, but therapists' end goal is for you to successfully overcome whatever issue you may have. they will be totally honest, sometimes brutally honest; which is something you need to get on your road to recovery and something a friend won't always feel comfortable doing. they aren't interested in temporary/quick fixes like most friends would be, but rather your long-term success.
3. You do not have to worry about being judged.
Let's face it, no matter how good of a friend you have, it is just human nature to judge. Many people do not like to reveal all of the real facts in front of their friends because they worry it will ruin their reputation. By going to a therapist, you are dealing with someone who hears issues like yours every day, still likes you and respects you even though you are not perfect (and who is?) and you will be able to easily open up to them. Being hones with the therapist means you are being honest with yourslef - the first step to resolving any issue.
4. Therapists have an outside, unbiased perspective.
Therapists are not a part of your everyday life, so they have the ability to have an open viewpoint without dealing with conflicting loyalties. (Friends and family often take sides and widn up making matters worse. In addition, if you tell them too much, they may hold what you told them against your spouse for weeks, months or years - long after you and your spouse have resolved the issue!)
5. You don't have to worry that your story will become gossip.
No matter how good a friend you have, there is always a chance that your story could get out to unwanted third parties. Going to a Licensed therapist means everything you say is strictly confidential, so using this method of resolving issues avoids the possiblity of too many people knowing your "business." Now you can focus on your recovery - not who hears your personal issues.
Carolina Counseling Services has many contracted Licensed Therapists in Fayetteville, NC and Southern Pines, NC. Call now to schedule your appointment!
We look forward to working with you!
Marriage Counseling - Save Your Marriage, Learn How to Improve it!
Married life is a lot of work... We all know it. Life is so demanding nowdays, it does not always allow for the time and the mindset required to maintain a happy and healthy marriage. So if negativity fills your home, arguments, fights or you just feel like you are drifting apart, marriage counseling by a licensed therapist is the first step, and a major one at that, towards improving your situation.
Here are five common reasons to seek marriage/couple counseling:
1. When you feel that your kids are the only thing that is keeping you together. Children are hyper sensitive to the way you act to one another. Your children may very well pick up on your unhappiness and frustrations and it will have a negative effect on them. If you feel that you are staying together only for their sake, you maybe causing more damage than good. Marriage counseling can help you rekindle your love.
2. You and your spouse struggle to find common interests, common activities or find yourselves no longer having much to talk about. You feel that you have "grown apart." Marriage counseling can help yo ufind the way back to enjoy each other once again!
3. In cases of infidelity, it is very difficult to cope alone. Hurt and bitterness often get in the way. Marriage counseling can help you work through this complicated issue.
4. If you are experiencing consstant arguing and bickering that seems to be escalating - marriage counseling can help you communicate calmly agains and often show both of you that your differences are not as bad as they seem.
5. When you are having problems but you just don't know how the issues can be resolved. Often it's just because you have reached a standstill, an impasse. Once in a rut, it is often difficult to get out of it yourself. The good news? With qualified outside help, you find that your problems are perfectly solvable!
We look forward to working with you!
We can Help!
If you are experiencing anxiety, worry, hurt, anger, frustration, depression, lack of sleep, irritability, sadness, confusion, inability to focus, etc. because of unresolved isses in your marriage, it is time to address these issues with someone who has the ability to make a difference!
Call now and make an appointment!
Confidential / Private Sessions
Carolina Counseling Services contracts independently with Licensed professional counselors/therapists/psychologists who provide a friendly, relaxed atmosphere to everyone. Carolina Counseling Services independently contracted therapists assist individuals, couples, families, and children with counseling services that will help put your life back on track. Working with both non military and military is a joy and the therapist you choose will be happy to assist you whether you are a "civilian", or if you are a dependent or retiree.
Counseling and Therapy are often used interchangeably in our English language. The same is true for Counselor and Therapist. It really doesn't matter which word you use. When you need help, it is best to talk to someone who is not only objective, but who has had lots of experience helping others who have been in similar situations as yourself. A friendly Counselor or Therapist who is trained, licensed and experienced is the one who can assist the most. You don't have to figure it out alone. All independently contracted therapists are licensed, friendly professionals. Call to schedule your appt now!
Evening and Weekend Appts Available with specific therapists
Evening and Weekend appointments: We have independently contracted therapists available for appointments from 8am to 8pm Monday through Friday. Some therapists have Saturday appointments available if requested.
Serving Areas: Carolina Counseling Services
Counties: Cumberland, Hoke, Bladen, Sampson, and Robeson Counties, NC
Areas: Fayetteville NC, Ft Bragg NC, Pope Field NC, Hope Mills NC, Raeford NC, Rockfish NC, Silver City NC, Linden NC, Cedar Creek NC, Bowmore NC, Autryville NC, Parkton NC, Bunnlevel NC, Erwin NC, Dundarrach NC, Broadway NC, Lumber Bridge, NC, Rex NC, Eastover NC, Stedman NC and Wade, NC.
Military Community areas: Ardennes NC Bataan NC, Casablanca NC, Anzio Acre, NC, Corregidor NC, Bougainville NC, Hammond Hills NC, Nijimegen NC, Cherbourg NC, Normandy NC, Bastogne NC, Pope NC, Ste Mere Eglise NC,
Zip Codes: 28301, 28302, 28303, 28304, 28305, 28306, 28307, 28309, 28311, 28312, 28314